Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Sketchbook Challenge : Post 2

So this is the potato printing one, or is it?  

( I just HAD to treat myself to some new watercolours, aren't they pretty?)

I started out with good intentions, however, we had a little jaunt out to a very sunny and lovely park today and collected various leaves and conkers.  

I tried to do a potato print based on an oak leaf  and it all went a bit Pete Tong.

Instead I decided to use some of our leaves as stencils, this was a very messy but enjoyable process!!

I painted the leaves in acrylics in varying shades of blue.

When they had mostly dried, I used blue and orange watercolours to fill in some of the background - I did read your post about complementary colours Gina :)


 Once I started I couldn't stop and ended up with 4 pages full !!
 This is just a plain blue one I tried.
So not what it was supposed to be but still good fun !!

Twiggy x

8 comments:

  1. The potatoes went horribly wrong for me too :(
    Luverly leaves Twigs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, they are really pretty. Clever you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really pretty Twiggy, I love the blue and orange together

    hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are brilliant, well done!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, well done, I can see them as fabric prints too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the leaf pics look great, love the colours!

    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your prints are great, Twiggy!

    I got in a right mess carving my potato for the potato print and I got paint everywhere but it was great fun in the end.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These have turned out brilliantly. Love the colour. When I get home (on my hols at the mo) I am going to try and catch up with all of this and blue is likely to be my colour too.
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Well I"ve finally taken the plunge...................

After drooling over many blogs for months now I've decided to finally take the plunge, so here is my new dawn.
Hence the beautiful sunrise above as photographed by Mr Twiggy through our bedroom window. (I'm sure I'll be including a lot of his pics, hope he doesn't expect commision).

I love crafting and have ever since I was a little girl and spent hours playing with my mums button tin (which I've inherited) and amused my self by making dresses for my dollies - even though I'd cut their hair and given them green felt tip highlights. Punk Tiny Tears - I should have marketed this idea !!

Hope you enjoy my work as much as I've enjoyed others who are a daily inspiration to me.

I hope to share favourite blogs, books and anything and everything with you, so enough off my blithering on and watch this space...............................................